Polylast™ SurfaceGuard™ with Microban® Antimicrobial Technology (Polylast™) is a patented and proprietary non-slip surface made from 100% recycled rubber combined with U.S. primers, binders and finishes. Polylast™ can help protect horse owners’ investment by keeping their horses safer, making them more comfortable, and saving time and money on cleaning and maintenance.
Horses are safer and more comfortable
The Polylast™ cushioning effect means that even horses with hoof or leg soreness are more comfortable. Since horses don’t have to strain to maintain their footing they can be more relaxed, and since Polylast™ is a noise suppressant, a quieter ride can reduce stress, too.
- Microban® Antimicrobial is infused into Polylast™ during the manufacturing process to help prevent the growth of damaging bacteria.
- On an unprotected surface, bacteria can double in number every 20 minutes. Our new Microban® protection works continuously to keep Polylast™ cleaner, longer.
- Since there’s no need for ANY bedding, horses breathe cleaner air and stay cleaner. Polylast™ offers the best slip-resistant surface available. Horses are more stable and don’t have to strain to maintain their footing.
- Polylast™ flooring absorbs 40% to 50% of the impact shock on horses’ hooves, helping to prevent lameness and injury.
- The lighter color floors mean that horses have better depth perception. They see the floor so they don’t hesitate stepping into the trailer.
- The insulating factor of Polylast™ means that the floor and horses stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Save time and money on cleaning and maintenance
No mats are used in a Polylast™ floored trailer so there are no mats to pull, clean, and replace!
Polylast™ is a poured-in-place, permanent surface that is bonded to the trailer floor.
- First, an impervious “pre-coat” is applied to the floor which protects metal and wood surfaces from corrosion.
- Second, the patented Polylast™ processed recycled rubber is applied.
Porous surface allows fluids to flow through
One of the most popular variations of Polylast™ is a completely porous surface that allows fluids to flow through and follows the contour of the sub-surface.
In a horse trailer, this porous Polylast™ variation completely eliminates the need for any bedding, saving you time and money – no more purchasing, installing, or removing bedding. As a result, your horses will be more comfortable and breathe cleaner air.
Questions? Ready to get started?
Use our contact form to send us an email, or give us a call at (605) 892-4032 or (800) 861-4032.
Better yet, stop by our location and check out one of our trailers with Polylast™ SurfaceGuard™ already installed. You’ll be glad you did!